Job Code: 26925-99814
Days (rotating weekends)
Park Plaza Hospital – Houston, TX
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza Hospital. a 139 bed hospital, offers the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation.
Park Plaza Hospital is currently looking for a Controller.
- Defines responsibilities for all areas of Accounting.
- Manage Accounting and Financial reporting functions for the hospital.
- Produce daily department reports with significant variances reported to CFO.
- Comply with all SOX key controls in area of responsibility.
- Coordinates all audits (internal and external).
- Oversees all administrative and technical aspects of Accounting, Revenue Integrity and Materials Management.
- Advise Administration of substantial financial variances from budget and prior year.
- Coordinate with other department directors on interdepartmental matters.
- Oversee the preparation of various supporting schedules including, but not limited to, audits, cost reports, and tax returns.
- Monthly analysis of financial reports determining areas for improvement to be presented to CFO.
- Monthly close review.
- Participate in hospital management activities.
- Perform other similar and related duties as deemed appropriate by the CFO and CEO.
- Provide education and direction and participate in monthly DOR review process.
- Provide recruitment, staffing, supervision, leadership and development of personnel.
- Represent departments in the internal and external matters in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and compiling annual budget for CFO review.
- Reviews transactions and makes recommendations regarding Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Masters Degree required
- Five years or more experience in hospital finance and accounting
- Three years recent experience in a supervisor capacity
- Three years experience in mainframe accounting systems
- Extensive knowledge of general financial and HCA systems: HOST, GL, QMIRS, Business Objects, Excel, Remark, and PC based systems preferred
- CPA preferred but not required
Last Edited: 12/19/2018
Apply for this job