HCA Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 26925-101129
Days (rotating weekends)
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offering 444 licensed beds and the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza/Plaza Specialty Hospital is currently looking for a Cook – Dietary.
- Cook is responsible for Park Plaza food production and food quality program
- Cook is able to follow recipe, prep and cook foods
- Knowledge of Diets
- Responsible for all food presentation, ordering and inventory, catering, patient, Doctor's Dining and Cafeteria Food production
- Manages the food service budget, builds department staffing, develops menus within department budget as outlined
- Promotes team work
- Follows all Food Safety standards
- Follows all regulatory guidelines
- Strive for excellence in sanitation of kitchen, cafeteria, patient and employee satisfaction
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in Healthcare setting.
- Food Safety Certification within 6 months employment preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills and interpersonal skills. Basic Computer skills, planning organizing and time management skills.
Last Edited: 02/21/2019