HCA Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 26925-101443
Nights (rotating weekends)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offering 444 licensed beds and the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
HCA Houston Healthcare – Medical Center is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
The Nurse Practitioner practices in an advanced role to provide advanced cardiovascular care for the ICU patient population; including assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of treatment and procedures. Assess the outcomes, revises the plan of care as warranted to foster better outcome results for both the short and long-term. The Nurse Practitioner works in conjunction with the Nursing staff, and Medical Staff to ensure the highest level of care for patients.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for ensuring that all Services are performed in conjunction with the mission and values of the facility and of HCA, in a timely and cost effective manner, including participation in goals and processes derived from HCA-CCMN initiatives. Exposing inefficiencies and submitting plans/ideas to bring about positive changes.
The Nurse Practitioner must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to consider developmental of the population they serve.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the entire continuum of care for all ICU patients.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of ICU standards of care.
- Is knowledgeable of new technology.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- Follows established procedures performing job functions.
- Evaluation of diagnostic procedures and laboratory tests.
- Formulation of differential diagnoses in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare providers while also working with the nursing staff to optimize the nursing care plan.
- Provides primary and secondary prevention information/education to patient and family
- Follows established protocols agreed upon between the collaborating physician and the APRN and /or appropriate “Core Measure” type protocols to manage individualized patient problems.
- Formulates a plan of care in collaboration with other healthcare professionals and documents and updates the plan in the patient’s chart on regular basis.
- Evaluates individual outcomes to interventions and modifies the plan of care, as demonstrated by written documentation.
- Enters own orders whenever possible, minimizing telephone and verbal orders.
- Collaborates effectively with other members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- Communicates with healthcare team members regarding the comprehensive exam, assessment/diagnosis, and initial plan of care they are enacting.
- Initiates and conducts patient care conferences with other members of the healthcare team as needed.
Graduate of an accredited nursing school with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, Master’s Degree in nursing, national APRN Certification, and registered to practice as an APRN in the State of Texas. Must have current Texas RN license.
Five years bedside floor nursing experience with a recommended 2 years in critical care setting. Prefer 2years as APRN in the surgical or cardiovascular field.
Last Edited: 04/12/2019