Registered Nurse PRN (RN) - Cardiac Catheterization (Cath Lab)
HCA Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 26925-100318
The Cardiac Cath Lab is located on the 2nd floor in the South Tower immediately adjacent to the Operating Room.
The one-room Lab is equipped with advanced Radiology equipment and patient monitoring system. The unit is open from 7:00am-3:00pm for elective procedures.
Emergency procedures are staffed with an on call team consisting of two team members, one of them being an RN and the second individual being an RN or CVRT.
Park Plaza & Plaza Specialty Hospitals is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab)
- The registered nurse must be able to operate highly technical equipment and computers
- The registered nurse will assist with all procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab
- The registered nurse will be involved in scrubbing, circulating and recording cases
- The registered nurse must be aware of the patient’s condition and status at all times throughout the procedure.
- The registered nurse in a case will be required to monitor and maintain a constant vigilance of essential parameters including the patients’ heart rate and rhythm, pressures, oxygen saturation, respirations.
- The registered nurse will become fully cross-trained to all positions within the team.
- Skills competency is demonstrated, validated, and documented yearly for all staff members.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- 1 or more years recent Cath Lab clinical experience as an RN required
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 04/08/2019