Registered Nurse PRN (RN) - Emergency Room (ER)
HCA Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 26925-102918
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. HCA Houston Healthcare Plaza Specialty, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
- The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
- The registered nurse applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate.
- The registered nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- 1 or more years recent clinical experience in Critical Care Nursing with Emergency Nursing preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 04/08/2019