Registered Nurse (RN) - Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology (IR)
HCA Houston Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Job Code: 26925-100456
Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) – Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology IR
Work Schedule: Full-time, Days/Weekends Rotate - 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) – Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology IR
- Demonstrates/completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines & protocols within the appropriate time frame
- Administers medications as ordered and directed by the physician.
- Maintains all crash carts within the Medical Imaging Department
- Inserts Foley catheters as needed. Monitors and assesses patient’s vital signs. Thoroughly documents all aspects of nursing care.
- Performs venipuncture as necessary
- Interacts with patient and family to answer questions concerning patient care. Calls patient prior to appointment to fully explain and prepare the patient for the procedure. Provide education regarding radiographic procedures and post-procedure outcomes
- Appropriately documents pain assessment
- Demonstrates competency in observing and documenting patients under sedation. Completes nursing assessment in meditech.
- Maintains documented competency in BLS, PALS, and ACLS as per American Heart Associations
- Ensure Pyxis machines have had narcotic count done daily and that all discrepancies will be resolved before ending shift
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
1 or more years recent Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology IR clinical experience as an RN required
Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
Current BLS from the American Heart Association
Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hireWe offer a generous compensation package including:Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 04/08/2019