Last updated: September 2, 2020
At HCA Houston Healthcare, we want to provide you and your loved ones with the best healthcare experience possible. We remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority.
At this time, we encourage communication through virtual visitation, which is available at all of our facilities. While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, the following visitor policies are necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care.
- Screening processes are in place for all visitors before entering facilities. Visitors who screen positive will not be allowed to enter the facility. Extenuating circumstances may apply.
- All visitors must wear a mask and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for the duration of the visit
HCA Houston Healthcare Locations with visitor limitations
The following HCA Houston Healthcare locations will allow one visitor to be with each patient at a time during visiting hours, which are from 6:00am to 6:00pm, unless stated otherwise.
- HCA Houston Clear Lake
- HCA Houston Conroe
- HCA Houston Kingwood
- HCA Houston Mainland
- 10:00am to 5:00pm
- HCA Houston Medical Center
- HCA Houston North Cypress
- HCA Houston Northwest
- HCA Houston Pearland
- HCA Houston Southeast
- HCA Houston Tomball
- Inpatient: 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Procedural: 6:00am to 5:00pm
- HCA Houston West
- 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas
One visitor can stay overnight with laboring and postpartum mothers, one parent with NICU and pediatric patients, and one patient advocate pre/post-surgery.
Visitors who screen positive for flu or COVID-19 will not be able to visit a patient except for:
- an end-of-life situation or
- a family member or guardian must make a medical decision
Exceptions to the one visitor policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If a patient or family member has an extenuating circumstance, we will work with them to help accommodate their needs.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support.