Circumstances may allow for specific exceptions to any visitation restrictions described on this webpage. Those circumstances include religious visitation as well as a designated support person for a patient with a disability to provide assistance with communication or other necessary components of the patient’s treatment. All persons entering under an exception remain subject to appropriate infection control protocols.
Last updated: March 26, 2021
At HCA Houston Healthcare, we want to provide you and your loved ones with the best healthcare experience possible. We remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority.
At this time, we encourage communication through virtual visitation, which is available at all of our facilities. While we understand the importance of in-hospital patients having family members and loved ones by their side, the following visitor policies are necessary in order to best protect patients and those providing care.
- Screening processes are in place for all visitors before entering facilities. Visitors who screen positive will not be allowed to enter the facility. Extenuating circumstances may apply.
- All visitors must wear a mask and adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines for the duration of the visit
HCA Houston Healthcare locations with visitor limitations
The following HCA Houston Healthcare locations will allow two visitors to be with admitted non-COVID-19 patients at a time during visiting hours, which are from 6:00am to 6:00pm, unless stated otherwise. Please note, that visitation guidelines are subject to change with little notice.
- HCA Houston Clear Lake
- HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe
- Visiting hours: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- One visitor for ER patients and scheduled procedures
- One overnight visitor for pediatric, NICU, laboring mothers and patient advocates pre/post surgery
- One visitor at a time for COVID-19 patients from 9:00 am to 11:00am
- HCA Houston Kingwood
- HCA Houston Mainland
- HCA Houston Medical Center
- One visitor per surgical patient and procedural patient is allowed
- HCA Houston North Cypress
- Visiting hours: 6:00am to 9:00pm
- Visiting hours for COVID-19 patients: 9:00am to 11:00am
- HCA Houston Northwest
- Visiting hours: 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- One visitor per patient is recommended but two can be accommodated if necessary
- COVID-19 positive patient can have one visitor from 9:00am to 11:00am
- HCA Houston Pearland
- HCA Houston Southeast
- HCA Houston Tomball
- Inpatient visiting hours: 9:00am to 7:30pm
- Outpatient and procedural visiting hours: 6:00am to 5:00pm
- No visitors for COVID-19 patients
- vOnly one visitor per patient is allowed each day
- One support person can remain with a mother from L&D through Post-Partum
- HCA Houston West
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas
Only one visitor is permitted for:
- Admitted COVID-19+ patients, from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Emergency room patients
- Imaging, pre-admit testing appointments
One 24-hour support person is permitted for non-COVID-19 pediatric and NICU patients, laboring mothers and patient advocates pre-/post-surgery
Visitors who screen positive for flu or COVID-19 will not be able to visit a patient except for:
- an end-of-life situation or
- a family member or guardian must make a medical decision
Exceptions to the one visitor policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If a patient or family member has an extenuating circumstance, we will work with them to help accommodate their needs.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support.