We are committed to providing an environment for care that supports patients’ relationships with family and friends.
Visiting hours and policies
Family members and friends are welcome to visit Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital. However, since your loved one’s health care is our primary concern, visiting hours may be limited by staff when necessary. Please do not visit the hospital if you have a cold or sore throat or have recently been exposed to any contagious diseases.
General visiting hours:
- 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily
Intensive care unit (ICU) visiting hours:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
No children under 10 years old are allowed to visit the ICU. Only two visitors are allowed at one time for a patient in the ICU. Plants, flowers and personal items (unless cleared by the nursing staff) are not permitted in the ICU.
There are a few responsibilities you have when visiting Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, please supervise your children closely
- Please do not visit for 24 hours after showing signs of illness
- To protect our most vulnerable patients, visitation to newborns and recovering moms is restricted to immediate family and siblings of the new baby 12 years old or older.
- Limit of two visitors at one time per patient, as a larger group can be tiring to the patient
- We request noise is kept to a minimum to allow other patients to rest.
- No outside food or drink is allowed in the patient rooms or department waiting areas
- Only food that has been approved by the medical staff should be given to a patient
- Insurance and financial support
- Online bill pay, find health insurance coverage and get answers to common questions
- Medical records access
Language is not a barrier to care.Ask your nurse for a language translator if English is not your primary language. We employ interpreters for a number of foreign languages, and these services are available 24-hours a day at no charge. If you are hearing impaired, you can request a telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD) to help you communicate with your caregivers.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital’s gift shop is staffed by volunteers. Our gift shop is located near the front entrance of the main hospital entrance.
The hospital chapel is open to all faiths for prayer and meditation. It is located next to the main hospital elevator area.