Diagnostics and laboratory
At HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake we use a range of diagnostic tools and procedures to help diagnose patients. Offering the latest in fully-integrated digital technology and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the most accurate results in diagnostic imaging and procedures, including:
- CT scan
- Interventional radiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
Cardiac catheterization labs
The Cardiac Catheterization Lab at HCA Houston Clear Lake is equipped with the latest monitoring and imaging equipment and staffed by experienced cardiac cath teams who perform thousands of procedures each year. Our inpatient and outpatient cath labs use the most advanced technology, including:
- ACIST contrast injector
- Radial approach to catheterization
- Intravascular ultrasound
Our cardiac catheterization labs are open 24/7 and offer:
- Electrophysiology studies
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty and angioplasty
- Coronary and carotid artery stenting
- Rotablator atherectomy
- Peripheral artery angioplasty, atherectomy and stenting
- Inferior vena cava filter placement
- Intra-aortic balloon pump placement
- Impella® catheter placement
- Temporary or permanent pacemaker and defibrillator insertion
Our radiology technicians
Our radiology technicians are certified and registered with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Each radiology technician holds a license from the Texas Department of Health Services, which promotes education in radiation safety and use of the lowest dose of radiation possible as defined by the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) method for each exam.
Our radiologists are board certified by the American College of Radiology, as well, and we are ACR-accredited in mammography, CT scan, nuclear medicine, and ultrasound. ACR accreditation is considered the gold standard of medical imaging, which means:
- We voluntarily completed a rigorous review process.
- Our staff members are well qualified through education and certification to perform and interpret medical images and administer radiation therapy treatments.
- Our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
Diagnostics and laboratory at HCA Houston Healthcare
Diagnostic and laboratory testing are used to help diagnose and further understand patient conditions. Diagnostic testing occurs when physicians require more information for evaluation and/or diagnosis of a patient. Examples of laboratory tests include biopsies, blood tests and urine samples, among others.Learn about Diagnostics and laboratory