Diagnostic and lab services
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest provides accurate hospital lab testing when you need it most. Our medical professionals support your unique needs and are able to perform accurate testing to help reach a diagnosis. Our laboratory uses advanced technology and instrumentation to perform vital testing in order to help you and your doctors make informed decisions about your health.
Our main laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You do not need an appointment for routine tests.
For more information or questions about your testing, please call us at (281) 318-4260.
Neurological diagnostic tests and screenings
HCA Houston Northwest offers a range of neurological tests and screenings, including:
- Cerebrospinal fluid
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Evoked potentials
- Genetic testing
- Laboratory screening tests
- Neurological examination
Women’s health tests and screenings
In order to provide comprehensive women’s care services, we offer the following diagnostic tests and screenings:
- Blood test markers
- Bone densitometry
- Bone density tests
- DEXA scan
- Breast biopsy
- Breast physical exam
- Ductal lavage
- FISH test
- IHC test
As part of our comprehensive diagnostic and laboratory services, we offer bone density testing at our Breast Center. We are able to perform bone densitometry in order to measure bone mass. The results of a bone densitometry are used to identify the extent of osteoporosis, and, if necessary, to determine a treatment program to reduce the risk of fracture. The lower your bone mass density, the higher your risk for fractures.
The National Osteoporosis Foundation recommends that you have a bone density test if:
- You are a woman over the age of 65
- You break a bone after age 50
- You are a woman of menopausal age with risk factors, including being thin, female and Caucasian or Asian, have a family history of osteoporosis, have an inactive lifestyle, currently smoke cigarettes, excessive alcohol intake and abnormal or absence of menstrual periods
- You are a postmenopausal woman under the age of 65 with risk factors