The orthopedic and neurology departments at HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast collaborate to offer advanced spine care treatments and procedures. Our specialists are able to help treat neck pain, back pain and injuries related to the spine. Spine conditions and pain may be a result of genetics, an accident or injury.
Spine care treatment
Spine pain and injuries can be treated in a variety of ways. We offer the most innovative nonsurgical and surgical procedures for spine and back pain, including:
- Interventional spine care, such as nerve blocks and epidural injections
- Spine surgery
- Herniated lumbar and/or cervical disc removal
Our multidisciplinary team is here for you from diagnosis to recovery. We offer pain management options, physical therapy and rehabilitation all in one convenient location.
There are a number of conditions that affect the spine and that can cause back pain. We treat a full spectrum of spinal conditions to serve each patient’s individual needs.
- Scoliosis is a disease affecting the spine by creating a curvature of the spine. This disease can’t be cured, but it can be treated. Often times, scoliosis will cause pain and discomfort that can reach a disabling degree. One treatment option includes a back brace to straighten the spine. The second option is spine surgery, specifically a spinal fusion can be used to lessen the curvature of the spine.
- Spinal stenosis causes the spinal canal to narrow. This can cause pressure to be put on the nerves that exist in the spine causing symptoms like back pain, neck pain, numbness and/or muscle weakness. Treatment options include medication and physical therapy. In rare cases, surgery may be required to widen the spinal canal.
- Herniated disc occurs when a disc pushes through the exterior of the spine. Sometimes herniated discs do not cause symptoms or need treatment. Although, when needed, treatment is available in the form of medication and physical therapy. If necessary, a discectomy can be performed to remove the excess disc that is pushing through.
Spine care at HCA Houston Healthcare
Spine doctors, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat problems linked to your spine. They can help with neck and back pain as well as injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. You may need to see a spine specialist if you have a herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica or chronic back pain.Learn about Spine care