We support the needs of patients and visitors in order to ensure their visit is comfortable and satisfactory.
Registration and stay
Please remember to bring the following items with you to the hospital:
- All current health insurance information, including your insurance card
- Photo ID
- Physician orders or prescriptions for any tests you will receive
- Referrals from your primary care physician (if your insurer requires them)
- Payment method for deductibles and co-payments (financing is also available)
- Your advance directive, if you have one
- Completed patient information and medication list
For more information, or for questions regarding inpatient admissions, please call our inpatient office at (281) 401-7656.
Patient rooms and accommodations options include:
- Private rooms: All of our patient rooms are private and include a TV, telephone, personal desk, vanity counter, private restroom and closet. Window seats convert to beds for overnight guests.
- VIP suites: VIP suites are also available for an additional fee. VIP suites include additional square footage and a separate living area.
- Meals: Patient meals are provided. Patients and visitors are also welcome to use our cafeteria.
- Language services: If you need help communicating with your doctors and nurses, please ask a hospital staff member. Sign language interpreters are available for the hearing impaired.
- Mail delivery: We will deliver any mail addressed to you to your room, and we will forward mail received after your discharge to your home address.
We believe that having loved ones nearby lifts spirits, brightens moods and improves healing for our patients. For everyone's safety, there are a few considerations for all hospital visitors:
- Only two visitors per patient are permitted at one time.
- Children younger than 12 years old are not encouraged to visit patient floors.
- Visitors should not sit on patient beds.
- Visitors should ask nursing staff before bringing outside food to the patient.
- Tomball Regional Medical Center is a smoke-free facility. There is no smoking allowed anywhere in the hospital or on the hospital grounds.
- People with colds, sore throats or any infectious disease should not visit.
- Visits should be kept short, and to maintain a quiet environment, visitors should avoid any unnecessary noise.
General visiting hours
General visiting hours are daily from 9:00 am to 9 pm. To promote healing and safety and limit infection, some units may limit the number of visitors you can receive at one time.
Critical care unit (CCU) visiting hours
Daily: 9:00am to 6:30pm
No visitors are permitted in the CCU after 9:00pm.
After-hours visiting hours and policies
Daily: 9:00pm to 6:00am
- Entrance into the hospital after 9 p.m. is allowed only through the hospital's emergency entrance.
- Visitors must sign in, show identification and state which patient they are visiting.
- Security officers are on-duty overnight to help ensure a safe and quiet environment for our patients.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball strives to make sure your visit is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We offer a variety of amenities for the convenience of our patients and visitors.
Patients, guests and their families can get a hot, healthy meal (or a snack or cold beverage) in our cafeteria located on the first floor. Vending machines are also available where beverages and snacks can be purchased.
Monday through Friday: 6:30 am to 7:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 am to 7:30 pm
To contact the cafeteria, please call at (281) 401-1705.
Our hospital’s gift shop is managed by the volunteers of the HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Auxiliary. Profits from the gift shop are used for nursing scholarships and other community health initiatives.
Gift shop hours:
Monday through Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm
Sunday: noon to 4 pm
(Weekend hours are dependent on volunteer availability.)
To contact the gift shop, please call (281) 401-7841.
Flower vending machines are located on the first floor. Individual florists deliver flowers to patient rooms. Please note that flowers are prohibited in intensive care units.
Our chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital, near the heart center. It is available 24 hours a day as a place for meditation, prayer or solitude.
HCA Houston Tomball believes that meeting the spiritual needs of patients and family members is an important part of the healing process. We can meet these needs through the presence of well-trained and sensitive volunteers who provide pastoral care through our chaplaincy program.
Volunteer chaplains provide active listening and give support and comfort during times of distress or challenges. Chaplains are available for patients, family members, hospital visitors and staff.
We offer spiritual care in two entities. Our lay ministry teams are available three times a week and provide a listening ear while giving comfort in a nondenominational nature to patients and families experiencing distress, anxiety or requesting spiritual support.
Our on-call chaplain service team is available 24/7 and provides deeper spiritual counseling for patients and families suffering from significant grief, a drastic health condition change or end of life preparedness. They can also offer support and courage through a new diagnosis or when facing an upcoming surgery.
Any patient or family member can request a chaplain visit. To make a request, please speak with your nursing staff or case management team. You may also dial “0” from any hospital phone to be connected to our operator.
For more information and to arrange chaplain visitation, please call: (281)-401-7500.