HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is the largest provider of cardiology services and cardiovascular surgeries north of Houston. We are home to The Heart & Vascular Institute, which offers advanced cardiac technology, cardiac rehabilitation, a full range of services and specialized programs to prevent, diagnose and treat cardiovascular diseases.
For information, or to schedule an appointment with a cardiac doctor, please call (936) 539-1111.
Heart imaging and diagnostics
We offer comprehensive screening, imaging and diagnostics services to detect and treat heart conditions.
- Catheterization lab - Offers diagnostic testing and therapeutic intervention for patients who are at risk of, or who have experienced, a cardiovascular event.
- Vascular labs - For the non-invasive testing of blood vessels.
- Electrophysiology lab - Diagnoses, pinpoints and treats problem areas related to the heart’s electrical system.
We perform more open-heart surgeries than any other heart hospital in the region, and we have done so for 30 years. Our cardiac surgeons and thoracic surgeons are highly skilled in caring for patients with cardiovascular disease. We offer a variety of surgical treatment options, including:
- Open-heart surgery
- Coronary artery bypass
- Heart valve repair/replacement
- Arrhythmia surgery
- Arterial aneurysms
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary surgery
Our cardiac rehabilitation center helps educate patients and recover faster from heart condition or surgery. The program combines education, counseling, exercise and lifestyle tips to help patients feel better and live healthier.
Heart attack treatment
The leading cause of death in the U.S. is heart attack and heart disease. As a Certified Chest Pain Center, HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe’s emergency room is equipped to quickly identify heart attack symptoms and begin treatment.
Our physicians have the ability to diagnose a heart attack within 15 minutes of arrival. Additionally, we are consistently above the American Heart Association’s guidelines that call for a “door-to-balloon” time of less than 90 minutes. The team at HCA Houston Conroe typically averages 60 minutes or less.
Heart attacks may occur suddenly, but most heart attacks begin slowly with only mild discomfort or pain. Warning signs for heart attack may occur individually or in a combination, and warning signs may differ among men and women. General signs of a heart attack include:
- Chest discomfort: This may feel like pressure, fullness, pain or squeezing in the chest. It may extend to the throat and can last for a few minutes, or go away and come back.
- Upper body discomfort: You may experience pain in the arms, back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of breath: This symptom may occur with or without chest pain.
- Chest pain with sweating, nausea, lightheadedness or fainting
Community heart health education
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is passionate about educating the community on heart health. We are available for presentations and screenings, whether it’s at your place of business, church or organization.
To arrange for a screening or presentation on heart health, please call (936) 539-7768.
We are also home to the Conroe, Texas chapter of Mended Hearts—a network offering support and encouragement to heart disease patients, their families and caregivers. We meet the first Tuesday of every month at 11:30 a.m.
Visit our support groups page for more information about our Mended Hearts chapter or to RSVP for the next meeting.
Cardiology at HCA Houston Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology