HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest understands the importance of heart health and saving time when you are experiencing chest pain, which is why our Ed Roberson Heart Center® is dedicated to providing timely care and fighting heart disease.
We provide vascular specialists who are able to focus on providing accurate diagnoses and personalized plans before your heart or vascular condition turns into an emergency.
Our cardiovascular services have been recognized as:
- Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center Accreditation by the American Heart Association
- Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- “Get With the Guidelines” Gold Plus Achievement Award for Heart Failure and Stroke by the American Heart Association
- IAC-accredited Vascular and Echocardiography Laboratory
- Cigna Center of Excellence for General Cardiac Medical
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care accredited Level IV Chest Pain Center
To find out more information about cardiac care at the Ed Roberson Heart Center®, please call (281) 318-4260. To schedule an appointment with a vascular specialist, please call (281) 440-1000.
We treat a range of cardiovascular diseases and conditions, including:
- Atrial fibrillation and arrhythmias
- Cardiac arrest
- Congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Enlarged heart
- Heart attack, failure, and block
- Valve disorders
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Leg skin changes
- Varicose, spider and reticular veins
From diagnostic heart catheterizations to complicated balloon angioplasty and stents, the Ed Roberson Heart Center® is ready to care for your heart problem. Our experts include dedicated cardiovascular surgeons, cardiologists, nurses, and technicians that operate as a synchronized team.
Cardiovascular tests and screenings we offer include:
- 24-hour Holter monitors
- Exercise stress test
- 30 day event recorders
- Treadmill exercise testing
Cardiovascular treatments and procedures we perform
- Angioplasty and Cardiomyoplasty
- Artificial heart valve surgery
- Bypass surgery
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Stent procedure
Cardiac catheterization lab
Our cardiac cath lab features digital catheterization technology designed to help doctors make more informed decisions about cardiovascular conditions. Our cath lab services include:
- Permanent pacemaker placement
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization, including angiogram and venogram
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
- Coronary stenting to help keep an artery open after an angioplasty
- Electrophysiology studies
- Rotablation and radiofrequency ablation
- Directional coronary atherectomy (DCA)
- Internal automatic cardiac defibrillator
- Percutaneous peripheral angiography and revascularization
After experiencing a cardiac event, it is important to take steps to regain and improve your heart health in order to reduce the risk factors that caused it. HCA Houston Northwest offers a comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program that can increase your quality of life following a heart attack or other cardiac event.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program includes both exercise and education about heart-healthy behaviors. Education for patients includes:
- Heart-healthy types of exercise and the appropriate intensity of exercise
- Meal planning using American Heart Association guidelines for daily saturated fat intake and salt intake
- Appropriate carbohydrate intake
- Management of stressors
- Tobacco cessation
Our cardiac rehabilitation program includes three phases and can range from four to 18 weeks in length, depending on your doctor’s orders and your progress.
For more information about our cardiac rehabilitation program, please call (281) 440-2266.