HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe's Neuroscience Institute specializes in neuro surgical services and stroke critical care and rehabilitation. We are an accredited Primary Stroke Center, as designated by The Joint Commission, and a recipient of the American Stroke Association's Silver Plus and Gold Plus Performance Achievement Awards.
Our comprehensive neurology team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-interventional radiologists, neuro-critical care intensivists and neuro nurse practitioners.
We care for patients suffering from, but not limited to:
- Back pain - Caused by conditions like arthritis, stenosis, scoliosis, herniated discs or compression fractures
- Brain and spinal tumors - Including pituitary or metastatic tumors, acoustic neuromas, colloid cysts and many others
- Brain aneurysms - Which are weakened or bulging blood vessel in the brain
- Stroke - Which occurs when a blood vessel is blocked (ischemic) or is bleeding (hemorrhagic) and interrupts the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the brain
To meet with a member of our neuroscience team and discuss any of the conditions or procedures listed here, call (888) 624-9420 for a physician referral..
A neurologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. Our neurologists diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological conditions, including:
- Seizures – An abnormal electrical activity in the brain
- Epilepsy – The recurrence of repeated seizures/convulsions
- Trigeminal neuralgia – A nerve disorder that affects facial sensation
- Multiple sclerosis – An autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord
- Dementia – A loss of brain function that affects memory and behavior
- Alzheimer’s disease – The most common form of dementia
- Concussions – An injury caused by a blow to the head
- Fibromyalgia – A long-term, widespread musculoskeletal pain
- Headaches – Acute or chronic migraines and/or cluster
To locate a neurologist at HCA Houston Conroe, please call 888-624-9420 or visit our physician directory.
The Neuroscience Institute at HCA Houston Conroe is available 24-hours-a-day for emergency neurosurgery, as well as neuro-trauma treatment and neuro-critical care.
Some of the intracranial disorders that may require neurosurgery include:
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Brain aneurysms
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Subdural hematoma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Chiara malformation
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Pituitary tumors
Combining image-guided neurosurgery with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) capabilities, our neurosurgeons in Conroe, Texas can pinpoint the exact location of lesions in the brain. Patients with vascular malformations and tumors in the brain can benefit from pre-surgical embolization to reduce chances of bleeding during the surgery.
Following neurosurgery, patients recover in the intensive care unit (ICU), where their rehabilitation care is coordinated until they return home. This may include physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy and more.