Senior mental health services in Tomball, Texas
The specialized senior behavioral health unit at HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball was designed specifically for older adults experiencing mental, emotional or behavioral issues.
As a hospital-based program, we accept patients with a psychiatric diagnosis accompanied with chronic medical conditions. Our unit is staffed by highly trained therapists, board-certified psychiatrists and other mental health professionals. All treatments and interactions are age-appropriate for senior psychiatry.
We believe a patient's recovery is enhanced when his or her loved ones are part of the treatment program. We encourage family members to participate in their senior family member’s care as much as possible.
For more information about our senior mental health services, please call (281) 401-7264.
Signs that senior mental health services are needed
An older adult’s chances of developing mental health issues, like anxiety, irritability or memory loss, increase with age. However, these conditions are not an inevitable element of aging. Our behavioral health professionals and psychiatrists in Tomball work with the patient’s caregivers and primary care physician to create treatment plans tailored to the patient’s needs.
Older adults with any of the symptoms below may be benefit from visiting our senior behavioral health unit:
- Changes in eating, sleeping patterns and/or energy level
- Extreme weight fluctuation
- Needing more medication than should be necessary for a physical condition
- Unexplained physical ailments
- Confused thinking, difficulty concentrating or disorientation
- Difficulty remembering ordinary things
- Hearing voices or imagining things that do not exist
- Depressed mood, extreme sadness or irritability
- Excessive fears, anxieties or suspiciousness
- Experiencing feelings of rejection, useless, helpless or hopeless
- Suicidal thoughts
- Increasing inability to cope with daily living
- Loss of interest in appearance and activities
- Personality changes over time
- Refusal to take needed medication
- Withdrawal from family and friends