HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake strives to provide the best patient experience possible. This includes providing information about services and amenities that are available to help make your stay or visit as comfortable as possible.
This includes allowing patients to have visitors during their hospital stay. Visiting hours may be limited based on the type of care a patient is receiving. For instance, patients in the ICU, who require more specialized care and equipment, may have more restricted visiting hours.
Newborn visitor guidelines
Visitation is based on the discretion of the nursing staff, and basic guidelines are as follows:
- General visitation hours from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- A maximum of four adult visitors are allowed in addition to a spouse/partner
- One overnight guest is allowed
- Siblings must be accompanied by an adult and free of any signs or symptoms of viral or bacterial infection
- Children who are not siblings of a newborn must be 13-years-old or older to visit
- All visitors must be healthy and free of infection
- All visitors must wash their hands prior to holding a newborn
We provide free valet parking Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at the front entrance to the main hospital tower, at the Emergency Room and in front of the 450 building, and from 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Heart & Vascular Hospital. Self-parking is also available. There are designated handicapped parking spaces around the hospital.
Classes and support
At HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, we offer a range of support groups and educational opportunities to provide the best care for our patients and provide visitors and caregivers the skills they need to support their loved ones. We offer a range of prenatal classes, including infant CPR and baby care courses. We also provide support groups for breast cancer survivors and patients and stroke survivors and caregivers. Additionally, we offer a smoking cessation program to provide support and tools to help individuals quit smoking.
At HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, we make sure that everyone, including patients, visitors, family and staff, have access to the resources they need. We know that having a family member or loved one in the hospital can be extremely stressful, so we strive to provide all the amenities you need so you can focus on what is important. Some of our amenities include:
- ATM access located in the first floor main lobby next to the elevators, and in the lobby of the Heart & Vascular Hospital.
- Hospital safe access to store valuables
- Wireless internet
- Mail delivery to your patient room
- Pastoral care and chapel on the first floor of the Main Tower and the third floor of the Heart Vascular Hospital.
- 24/7 security
- Telephone access in patient rooms
- TVs in patient rooms
Our cafeteria is open to all hospital visitors and is located on the first floor, behind the lobby in the central tower. The cafeteria offers hot entrees, a grill, salad bar, fruit and desserts. Visitors also have access to our coffee shop and deli, located on the first floor of the Heart Tower. Hours of operation are posted at the entrance to the cafeteria.
Vending areas are located on the first floor to the right of the cafeteria entrance, on the second floor of the Heart & Vascular Hospital near the Cath Lab waiting area and the second floor Main Tower surgery waiting area. Vending areas are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, offering snacks, beverages and a microwave.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake houses Lori’s Gifts, a gift shop on site located off of the main lobby. The shop sells newspapers, magazines, books, fresh flowers, greeting cards and more.
Shop online at Lori’s Gifts to find the perfect way to send your support and love. You are able to place orders online for FREE same-day delivery from the gift shop directly to patients at HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake. We offer custom gift options, including:
- “Get well” and “Thinking of you” gift baskets
- Custom gift baskets for a special relative, new mom or new baby
- Gift baskets for children, just share with us the age of the child and we will design an age-appropriate gift
- Beautiful, fresh flower arrangements
- Potted or silk plants decorated with a gift bow
- Balloon bouquets, including balloons that sing when they are tapped
For more information about our gift shop, please call (281) 338-3577.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.