Patients and visitors
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, a campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, is committed to providing the people of Texas City with compassionate care in a safe environment. Whether you are coming to our facility as a patient or visiting a loved one, our goal is to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
You can always contact us for assistance, please call (409) 938-5000.
Hospital visiting hours
Family and friends play an important role in the health and healing of our patients. At HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, we welcome visitors regularly from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Our visiting hours are designed to fit most schedules, while also ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff.
Are you unable to visit during our regular visiting hours? Don’t worry! We will do our best to accommodate your schedule, please call us at (409) 938-5000.
Visitors may remain overnight, however, there are specific conditions and regulations:
- Only one approved visitor may stay overnight. This visitor will be issued a badge.
- Visitors without a badge will be asked to leave the hospital by the security officer.
- A parent or relative should remain with patients under 13 years old.
The ICU has different visiting hours and guidelines:
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Only one visitor is allowed at a time from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- An adult must accompany children in the lobby. We do not allow children younger than 10 years old to visit the ICU for their safety.
- Live plants or flowers are not allowed in patient rooms.
- All cellphones must be turned off in patient rooms.
- All food, drinks and snacks must have nurse approval.
- Visiting times may be limited or restricted based on the patient’s condition.
Patient and visitor information
- Parking: Free parking is available, except in areas designated for doctors.
- ATM: For your convenience, an ATM is located on the first floor, outside the cafeteria and the entrance to the Medical Office Building from the hospital.
- Valuables: Your nurse can store your small items in the hospital safe, if needed. Otherwise, valuables, such as cash and jewelry, should be given to a relative or friend during your stay. MMC is not responsible for replacement of personal belongings.
- Interpreters: Translation services are provided at no cost to the patient or patient’s family. This also includes written and sign language assistance.
- Manage your account: You are able to easily access to your medical records, check out participating health plans or pre-register for a test or procedure.
- Map and directions: Get map and direction information to our hospital location with turn-by-turn instructions.
- Get Covered: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has partnered with Get Covered America to help the people of Texas City maximize their healthcare benefits through the Affordable Care Act.
- Patient financial: Find out what a potential test or procedure may cost or securely pay your bill online.
We offer a range of amenities on the campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland in an effort to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Some of our amenities include:
Visitors are welcome to dine in the cafeteria. Due to Infection Control policies, patients are not allowed to enter the cafeteria or the dining area. Our cafeteria is located on the first floor, past registration.
Hours of operation Monday through Friday:
- Breakfast: 7:00 am to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday:
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
In addition, the Bistro Café is located on the first floor of the main lobby and open Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Our gift shop is owned and operated by hospital volunteers five days a week. Our shop has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries, flowers and plants, and more. You can call the gift shop at (409) 938-5760 for deliveries.
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We believe the spiritual and emotional care of our patients and their families is an important aspect of the care we provide. If you would like a visit from the hospital chaplain, ask your nurse or call the hospital operator. A chaplain is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The chapel, located on the first floor, always is open. The hospital maintains a list of local clergy as well. If you would like a clergy member to visit, please ask your nurse.
Mail and Flowers
Mail and flowers are delivered to your room by a hospital volunteer. Please note flowers, plants and balloons are not allowed in intensive care units. If items are received after your discharge, we will contact you.