Heart and vascular services in Texas City, Texas
We provide a full range of services to help people prevent, treat and recover from heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular diseases, such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT; blood clots in the deep veins). From screenings to diagnostic cardiac catheterization, and from angioplasty to rehabilitation, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland’s services have earned a reputation of excellence.
Because HCA Houston Mainland is a campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, patients have seamless access to its cardiac care resources, including The Heart Hospital.
To find out more about our cardiology services, contact us at (409) 938-5081.
Heart and vascular services in Texas City
We are committed to bringing the latest prevention, diagnosis and treatment options to our community. Our heart and vascular specialties include surgery, cardiopulmonary testing and treatment and interventional cardiology and catheterization.
HCA Houston Mainland offers a full range of cardiovascular diagnostic and imaging tests, including:
- Echocardiograms, including digital and transesophageal echocardiograms
- EKG (electrocardiograms)
- Stress testing, nuclear stress testing and stress echo testing
- Tilt table tests
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound
- Waveform analysis
- Venous mapping
- Carotid flow evaluation
- Nuclear cardiology
Cardiopulmonary services evaluate and treat issues with the heart and lungs. HCA Houston Mainland’s cardiopulmonary services include:
- Evaluation of cardiopulmonary function
- Treatment of cardiopulmonary impairment
- Assessment of treatment effectiveness
- Care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system
- Pulmonary function testing
- Arterial blood gas analysis
Catheter-based procedures belong to a subspecialty called interventional cardiology. Catheterization is a way to look inside blood vessels to check their condition and repairing any issues found. It may be used within the blood vessels of the heart (cardiac catheterization), body (peripheral vascular catheterization) or even the brain (cerebral angiography).
All catheter-based procedures at HCA Houston Mainland are performed by specially-trained healthcare teams led by an interventional cardiologist. Our state-of-the-art catheterization and digital X-ray imaging systems allow physicians to view even hard-to-see blood vessels with exceptional clarity.
The catheterization lab staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and works with our emergency room to quickly get patients who need it into the cath lab for diagnosis and/or catheter-based interventions, including:
- Diagnostic arteriograms (cardiac and peripheral)
- Coronary and carotid artery stent procedures
- Peripheral stent
- Pacemaker and ICD implants
- Vena cava filter insertion
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)