As one of the largest hospitals in the Houston area, HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake's 24-hour ER serves the Bay Area community with Level III emergency care, a pediatric emergency room, and Level II Trauma care. In addition, our hospital is a Comprehensive Stroke Facility and Chest Pain Accredited Facility. We also have a helipad to accept and/or transport the most critical patients.
Our board-certified trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons, and trauma trained staff are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays to provide the highest level of life-saving care.
HCA Houston Clear Lake's emergency services are also extended to the Texas City community through our freestanding emergency care center, HCA Houston ER 24/7.
Clear Lake emergency care services
HCA Houston Clear Lake offers a wide range of emergency care services. including:
- Heart attack: As a Cycle III with PCI accredited Chest Pain Center, our cardiologists deliver a range of services from cardiac imaging and diagnostic procedures to medical and surgical applications. Our cardiac catheterization lab and surgical teams are also on call 24/7. The Heart Hospital at HCA Houston Clear Lake is the only exclusive heart hospital south of the Texas Medical Center and we provide state-of-the-art technology and specialized programs.
- Pediatric emergency care: Our Clear Lake pediatric ER provides critical care during times when your pediatrician may not be available. With staff trained in pediatric care and equipment specially designed for young patients, we are able to provide comprehensive services for newborns, children, and adolescents.
- Stroke: HCA Houston Clear Lake is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center that utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to care for stroke patients. Our team of neurologists, cardiologists, and emergency care staff work together to provide expert care such as partnering with EMS agencies to implement an early notification system to notify the ER when they are bringing a possible stroke patient.
- Trauma care: As a designated Level II trauma center, we are equipped to handle the most critical emergencies from motor vehicle accidents to serious falls. We have three designated trauma rooms inside the emergency room, a Critical Care Unit, and a dedicated operating room specifically for trauma surgery. We work closely with EMS partners to provide care before patients arrive so our highly-trained trauma staff stands ready for critical emergencies.
HCA Houston ER 24/7 freestanding emergency care
In addition to our main hospital emergency department, we also serve the Bay Area community our HCA Houston ER 24/7 location in the Texas City area. A department of HCA Houston Clear Lake, our 24/7 ER offers full-service emergency room care, board-certified physicians, and access to laboratory and imaging services.
Our Texas City ER offers comprehensive emergency services for all types of acute injuries and illnesses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Staffed with board-certified emergency medicine physicians and on-call specialists
- Access to on-site lab and imaging
- All major insurance plans accepted
- Ambulance transport and direct admission to HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake or HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
3302 Palmer Hwy.
Texas City, TX 77590
If needed, HCA Houston ER 24/7 can provide direct admission to HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake or HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland for further emergency care. Direct admissions by ambulance transport is quick and easy, with a continuity of care similar to what you would experience in our main campus emergency room.
While emergency rooms are designed to treat patients with critical conditions and life-threatening injuries, those experiencing minor injuries or illnesses may want to seek urgent care. HCA Houston is proud to be affiliated with CareNow®, our network of urgent care centers with 16 locations across the Houston area.
Emergency care at HCA Houston Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care