HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake offers comprehensive treatment for heartburn and reflux disease patients. We have the experience and technology to provide specialized care for even the most complex cases, close to home.
Our expert team of board-certified gastroenterologists and surgeons has dedicated training in managing gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and related conditions. Our heartburn and reflux care team includes nurses, dieticians and a heartburn and reflux nurse navigator. The nurse navigator guides our patients through the process of evaluating and testing for reflux issues and helps them understand the disease process and treatment options.
Clear Lake heartburn and reflux services
People who experience GERD have a lower esophageal sphincter that does not function properly, allowing acid and bile to come back into the esophagus. If left untreated, chronic acid reflux or GERD can lead to esophagitis, esophageal bleeding and ulcers, Barrett’s esophagus and an increased risk of esophageal cancer. That is why it is essential to recognize, diagnose and properly treat your condition.
At HCA Houston Clear Lake, we offer a full range of advanced diagnostic tests to pinpoint the cause of your condition. Your physician may order any of the following procedures:
- Catheter-free esophageal pH monitoring
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Esophageal high-resolution manometry
- Esophageal 24-hour pH impedance reflux monitoring
- Nuclear gastric emptying scan
- Upper GI fluoroscopy and video esophagography (VEG)
There are several approaches to treating GERD, including medication, surgery and lifestyle changes. If nonsurgical GERD treatment is not effective, we offer the following treatments, some of which can be done using minimally invasive techniques:
- Endoscopic radiofrequency energy for reflux treatment
- Gastrectomy or esophagectomy
- Heller myotomy
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Magnetic sphincter augmentation
- Nissen and toupet fundoplication
- Partial gastrectomy with Roux-en-Y reconstruction
- Radiofrequency ablation for Barrett’s esophagus
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF)
At HCA Houston Clear Lake, we are committed to helping our patients manage their condition, prevent further symptoms and achieve greater health and wellness. If you are seeking relief from chronic heartburn or acid reflux, please make an appointment today with one of our heartburn and reflux physicians.