Labor and delivery services
COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake delivers more than 3,400 babies each year. It is clear that we make maternity care a priority. We provide compassionate, dedicated care throughout pregnancy, during labor and after delivery.
HCA Houston Clear Lake is one of the most experienced maternity hospitals in the Houston region, we are experts in both routine and complicated deliveries.
If you are in labor, please go directly to the emergency department to be admitted.
During pregnancy your body undergoes many changes as it prepares for childbirth. Participating in physical therapy before your baby’s arrival can help with:
- Back or sciatica pain
- Groin pain
- Tailbone pain
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Pregnancy and labor
Our services begin during pregnancy to help monitor your health and your baby’s health. Our pregnancy and labor services include:
- Designated assessment center for antenatal monitoring, testing and special procedures
- In-house, board-certified maternal-fetal specialists, maternity doctors and anesthesiologists
- Family visitation is welcome, although siblings must be accompanied by an adult
- Nutritional counseling and support for gestational diabetes
Delivery and recovery
Delivery is very strenuous, and it is important to allow a new mother time to rest. Our services for delivery and recovery include:
- Skin-to-skin contact between mom and baby within the first hour of life
- Bedside infant and mother care to ensure 24/7 rooming in
- Newborn nursery available, if required
- Board-certified lactation specialists available seven days a week
- Dedicated postpartum unit with private rooms
- Recognized as a Texas Ten Step hospital for supporting and promoting breastfeeding
You can pre-register your hospital stay four months before your due date, either online or by calling (281) 338-3116.
Women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy should choose doctors and a hospital where their baby’s needs are as much of a priority as their own needs. HCA Houston Clear Lake offers comprehensive care for high-risk pregnancies in the Houston Bay Area. Maternal-fetal specialists manage the care of complex situations, including:
- Gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, chronic hypertension
- Severe morning sickness
- Morbid obesity or previous gastric bypass surgery
- History of complicated pregnancy
- Multiple babies
- Pre-term labor
- Incompetent or weakened cervix
- Premature rupture of membranes
- Post-surgical complications
- Unborn babies with diagnosed medical conditions
Our program provides constant monitoring of mom and baby in a state-of-the-art antepartum unit with private rooms. Rounds are made frequently by registered nurses, who also carry a hospital phone so that patients can call directly.
Labor and delivery at HCA Houston Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery