HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake ensures that you and your loved ones are able to receive excellent cancer treatment close to home.
We hold the following accreditation:
- Commission on Cancer Accredited through American College of Surgeons
- Breast Center Accredited through the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Lung Cancer Screening Center accredited through the American Radiology Association
- Rectal cancer program accredited through National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC).
Oncology services in Clear Lake
Because treating cancer goes beyond the immediate location of the tumor, we provide comprehensive care and personalized treatment plans. Our continuum of care is comprehensive from diagnosis, treatment and recovery through to palliative care if necessary.
- Cancer screenings for breast and lung, including mammography, 3D tomography and low-dose CAT scan.
- Full-service diagnostic imaging, including a spiral CT scanner, breast biopsy services, an ACR-accredited breast diagnostic center and board-certified radiologists in mammography
- A dedicated unit for inpatient chemotherapy and other cancer-related treatments
- Specialty case management for cancer treatment, allowing patients to transition from inpatient care to outpatient care
- Monthly support group meetings for breast cancer patients and their family members
- Outpatient Infusion Center
For the convenience of those in treatment we offer free valet parking, private rooms and 24/7 visitation with overnight guests.
Oncology multidisciplinary team
Our multidisciplinary staff includes certified oncology and chemotherapy nurses, radiation oncologists, and a nurse navigator for breast, colorectal and lung cancer.
To ensure we are able to provide the best cancer care services, HCA Houston Clear Lake host five annual Medical Staff conferences for breast, rectal, general tumor, neurosurgical, and complex GI.
In addition, cancer care patients have access to:
- Case managers and social workers to assist with transition from hospital-to-home
- Occupational, physical and speech therapists
- Wound care specialists
For more information about our oncology care, please call (281) 336-7403.
Types of cancer we treat
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death throughout the world. This includes the U.S., Texas and our own community in the Bay Area. Smoking is the leading risk factor for developing lung cancer, but it can also be developed through exposure to certain toxic substances and your family history.
HCA Houston Clear Lake has been recognized by the American College of Radiology as a Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center. We offer low dose CT scans for lung cancer screening in individuals who are at a high risk for developing lung cancer. This type of screening is the only research-based test proven to reduce the number of deaths from lung cancer.
In addition, HCA Houston Clear Lake has become the first Texas hospital to earn a three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer (NAPRC).
We also provide care and treatment for the following types of cancer:
- Colon and rectal
- Head and neck
Oncology at HCA Houston Healthcare
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology