Every parent wants their child to receive the best care possible. Finding the right pediatrician is great, but what happens when it is after hours or your child needs care beyond the scope of their day-to-day pediatrician? HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake offers pediatric care so you can feel confident when your child is in the care of our board-certified pediatric physicians and surgeons. We also offer the only pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in the area, and we provide a helipad to accept the most critically ill or injured patients.
The Pediatric Emergency Room at HCA Houston Clear Lake is open daily from 2:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Our main emergency room is open 24/7.
- Emergency care, including asthma attacks, accidents and high fevers
- Infectious diseases
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Surgery and anesthesiology
The ophthalmologists at HCA Houston Clear Lake work hard to maintain good eye health for our pediatric patients. Our ophthalmologists are able to perform routine eye exams in addition to treating and diagnosing disorders of the eye. Our specialists are experts in their field and perform a range of major ophthalmic surgeries.
Conditions we treat
- Strabismus (crossed eyes)
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Ptosis (droopy eyelids)
- Focusing errors
- Blocked tear ducts
- Double vision
We provide comprehensive treatment for breathing disorders and other issues affecting the lungs, including:
- Aspiration syndromes
- Chronic cough
- Exercise-related breathing problems
- Recurrent wheezing
- Respiratory sleep disorders
Our pediatric cardiology department provides diagnostic care and ongoing management of cardiovascular disease. Pediatric cardiologists and interventional cardiologists are experts in diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment options. HCA Houston Clear Lake is one of the few hospitals in suburban Houston where a newborn with a congenital heart defect can be treated in the same facility in which his or her mother is receiving care.
We provide comprehensive heart care for children of all ages for several conditions, including:
- Congenital or acquired heart disease
- Chest pain
Our state-of-the-art imaging center offers a full array of cutting-edge, noninvasive diagnostic techniques, including:
- Fetal echocardiography
- Holter/ambulatory monitoring
- Stress tests
HCA Houston Clear Lake is one of the few hospitals in suburban Houston where a newborn with a congenital heart defect can be treated in the same facility in which his or her mother is receiving care.
Pediatric infectious diseases
HCA Houston Clear Lake is home to a team of top pediatric infectious disease specialists. Our experts understand the unique signs, symptoms, treatments and outcomes associated with infectious diseases in children, which can vary significantly from infectious diseases in adults. Children can contract bacterial, viral, parasitic or fungal infections involving the heart, urinary tract, stomach, eyes, ears or skin. We treat:
- Bone and joint disease
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Immuno-deficiencies (e.g. HIV)
- Recurrent infections (e.g. sinusitis and pneumonia)
- Resistant infections
Child life services
The Child Life Department at HCA Houston Clear Lake focuses on the optimal development and wellness of infants, children and adolescents while promoting coping skills and minimizing adverse effects of hospitalization. Our child life specialists help normalize the hospital environment by providing play opportunities in all areas of the hospital. Child life services include:
- Minimize stress and anxiety through therapeutic and recreational play opportunities
- Advocate for patient and family-centered care
- Provide preparation and support for children undergoing surgeries and other medical procedures
- Provide support for sibling or any other children who may become affected by a child’s illness or trauma
- Coordinate entertaining special events and activities for children and families
- Provide education and resources for parents and members of the interdisciplinary team
Call A Nurse for Children
Contact Call A Nurse for Children at (281) 672-5437.
Parents dread the late night instances when their child’s fever spikes or pain can’t be soothed, and the pediatrician’s office is closed. HCA Houston Clear Lake offers Call A Nurse for Children to help provide answers for parents when their child needs it. Our Call A Nurse for Children hotline is staffed by registered nurses and are able to use national standards of pediatric care to help you decide:
- Is there something more that can be done at home?
- Do you need to call their pediatrician?
- Does your child need to be taken to the emergency room?
Our Call A Nurse for Children hotline is open seven days a week 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., including major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
If your child is experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.