At HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, we are committed to providing the highest level of compassionate and quality care on your journey to recovery.
We have an Inpatient Rehabilitation Center that focuses exclusively on helping patients restore their quality of life following an injury, medical event, surgery or disease impairing their ability to care for themselves. The center is equipped with the following technologies and equipment:
- Training kitchen and bathroom
- Video game technology used in therapy
- Gait training technology
- Virtual reality rehabilitation technology for occupational therapy
- Mechanized lifting device
- Access to in-house diabetic and ostomy education services
- Assistive listening devices
Our comprehensive team of specialists includes inpatient physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, rehabilitation nurses, dieticians, social workers, respiratory therapists and pastoral care staff who all work together to coordinate your care.
Texas City physical therapy and rehabilitation services
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation program provides personalized attention from a dedicated team of professionals. They work closely with each patient to bring together the specific therapies needed to ensure the best possible opportunity for long-term improvement. We offer comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation services for:
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cardiac rehabilitation for cardiovascular diseases
- Deconditioning (loss of physical or mental functions associated with long periods of inactivity or bed rest)
- Hip fractures
- Neuromuscular diseases (such as ALS, muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis)
- Neurological disorders (such as Parkinson’s, seizure, meningitis)
- Orthopedic injury or post-surgery rehabilitation
- Polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis
- Lung disorders (pulmonary rehabilitation)
Therapy is one-on-one and may involve spending several hours, often five days each week, working with therapists. Our three-tiered program involves:
- Using a comprehensive team of rehabilitation professionals
- Designing the most effective treatment and medical management program for your individual situation
- Involving your family in every phase of the treatment plan and process
Patients may be referred to the center by a care professional. To qualify for inpatient rehabilitation, a patient must have a qualifying diagnosis requiring 24-hour nursing care, and have the need for a coordinated intensive therapy program with two or more skilled rehabilitation therapies. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center accepts most forms of private insurance, as well as Medicare.
For information about the admissions process or to schedule a tour, please call (409) 938-5942.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HCA Houston Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation