HCA Houston Healthcare West, formerly West Houston Medical Center, has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Since our founding, we have consistently enhanced key services and continue to grow. Our hospital in West Houston provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
- Asthma treatment
- Bariatric/weight loss surgery
- Senior mental health care
- Breast center
- Cancer treatment
- Cardiovascular center
- Diabetes management
- Ear, nose and throat
- Emergency medicine
- General surgery
- Gynecological services
- Imaging services
- Internal medicine
- Labor and delivery
- Neurological care
- NICU services
- Senior care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's services
- Wound healing
West Houston is supported by the resources and research of HCA, one of the largest healthcare organizations in the nation.
When it comes to your health, there’s no decision more important than selecting a doctor. At HCA Houston Healthcare West, we are dedicated to serving our patients. We work diligently and compassionately to exceed your expectations.
With more than 400 outstanding doctors on staff, you can expect exceptional care from our team. We also are committed to providing our patients with top-notch physicians who support our goal to set exceptional standards in quality.
Accreditations and affiliations
Accreditations and affiliations mean that families can rely on West Houston Medical Center, the Sugar Land Cancer Center, the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center and the West Houston Medical Center 24 Hour Emergency Center to meet national standards for patient safety.
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
- Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
- The Joint Commission, Gold Seal of Approval
- The Joint Commission, Primary Stroke Center
- The Joint Commission, Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Pathway to Excellence®
- College of American Pathologists Accreditation
- American College of Radiology Accreditation
- American College of Radiology Accreditation in Radiation Oncology
- Ranked 9th in the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces, 2011
- Ranked 6th in the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces, 2012
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston
An HCA Houston Healthcare Hospital
As members of HCA Houston Healthcare, we are a part of the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.