The Heart Hospital of HCA Houston Healthcare West was the first to provide comprehensive cardiovascular services on the west side of Houston. HCA Houston West was also the first facility in the state of Texas to receive Full Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation from The American College of Cardiology (ACC).
Our dedicated team consists of the region's best heart surgeons, specialists and professionals. Quality care is a priority, and that is why The Joint Commission has consistently selected us as one of the top performing hospitals in the country for surgical, heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia care. Our multi-disciplinary approach provides excellent outcomes.
To find a cardiologist at The Heart Hospital at West Houston, please access our physician directory or call 1 (800) 637-9462. For more information about our services, please call (281) 558-3444.
We offer a full range of services, including minimally-invasive procedures, diagnostics, intervention and surgery. Utilizing evidence-based practices, we deliver life-saving cardiac care. We provide inpatients with a Progressive Care Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and offer outpatient support and treatments for those with congestive heart failure.
Coronary CT Angiogram (CTA)
Coronary CT Angiogram (CTA) is among the latest in cardiac imaging technology. Our 64-channel, multi-slice CT scanning equipment provides high-speed imaging and high-resolution quality of precise data in a matter of seconds.
For more than three years, we have achieved 100 percent compliance with CMS acute myocardial infarction requirement times. This means patients who arrive at our hospital in cardiac arrest receive full cardiovascular cath lab care with a door-to-balloon time of less than 90 minutes.
Our labs are equipped to perform several diagnostic and interventional procedures, including:
- Left and right heart catheterization
- Atherectomy and thrombectomy
- Intracoronary thrombolytic methods
- Intravascular ultrasound
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) implantation including biventricular
- Permanent pacemaker implantation including biventricular
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Peripheral Transluminal Angioplasty (PTA)
- Stent placement
Electrophysiologists provide treatment to patients with cardiac arrhythmias in our biplane electrophysiology lab:
- Electrophysiology study
- Radiofrequency ablation
- 3D cardiac electrical mapping
Electrocardiogram and echo services are ultrasound-based diagnostic procedures that measure the electrical activity of the heartbeat, including:
- Digital echocardiogram
- Trans-Esophageal Echo (TEE)
- Stress tests
- Tilt-table testing
- Holter monitoring
Surgical services and procedures
West Houston Medical Center provides extensive services for your cardiac, vascular, pulmonary and thoracic conditions.
Our cardiac services include:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Aortic and mitral valve repair and replacement
- Mechanical heart support devices
- Congenital anomalies
- Electrical disturbances of the heart (arrhythmia)
- Traumatic injuries of the heart and vessels
- Pericardial procedures
- Thorascopic surgeries
- Corrective adult congenital heart disease
- Atrial fibrillation
Our vascular conditions include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Reconstructive venous surgery
- Endovascular procedures
- Aortic dissection
- Vascular dialysis access grafts
- Dialysis catheter placement
- Peripheral vascular repair and bypass grafts
- Aortic/iliac bypass
Our pulmonary and thoracic conditions include:
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- Systemic/pulmonary shunts
- Esophageal and lung surgeries
- Pulmonary resections
- Resection of the lung and removal of benign tumors
- Video-assisted thoracoscopy
- Mediastinoscopy and biopsy
- Removal of mediastinal tumors
- Tracheal resection
- Repair of descending aortic aneurysm, transection and dissection
The American Heart Association has established a set of protocols to fast-track emergency cardiac care at STEMI-receiving hospitals such as HCA Houston West. STEMI stands for "ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction," more commonly known as a heart attack which is caused by a completely blocked blood vessel.
HCA Houston West also provides a hypothermia protocol for patients who have suffered cardiac arrest. By cooling body temperature to 91 degrees, brain metabolism decreases, allowing for increased oxygen to the heart. Houston is the first major metropolitan city to be involved in this type of protocol.