Advanced imaging services
HCA Houston Healthcare West and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, both accredited by the American College of Radiology, offer the latest imaging techniques and advanced equipment, ensuring that patients receive the most accurate results in several specialties. Solis Mammography is our onsite provider of comprehensive breast imaging services offering the most advanced technology available.
Our imaging techniques include:
- CAT/CT scans (computerized axial tomography) – combines x-ray images with computer technology to generate cross-sectional anatomical views. 3D and multi-plane views allow for biopsies, angiography and cardiac imaging
- EKG (Electrocardiogram) – measures heart function
- MRI/MRA (magnetic resonance imaging/magnetic resonance angiography) – Cross-sectional and 3D-imaging using magnetic fields. Procedures include angiography and contrast-enhanced joint imaging.
- Nuclear medicine – a medical specialty involving the use of radioactive isotopes. It is used in a broad range of services, including cardiology, skeletal, thyroid, and gastrointestinal imaging
- PET scan (positron emission tomography) – combines nuclear medicine and CT imaging to detects and track various cancers and response to treatment
- Radiology (X-ray) – is a quick, painless test that produces images of internal structures. Advanced procedures incorporate fluoroscopy, which generates live X-ray images during lumbar punctures and for gastroenterology, neuroradiology, arthography and arteriography imaging
- Ultrasound/sonography – uses high-frequency sound waves produce precise images of internal structures. It is frequently used in abdominal, breast and obstetrics imaging. Advanced procedures include biopsies, aspirations, paracentesis and thoracentesis.
- Electrophysiology, EKG and ECG – electrophysiologists provide treatment to patients with cardiac arrhythmias in our biplane electrophysiology lab for electrophysiology study
Through our specialty imaging departments HCA Houston West provides:
Solis Mammography, a department of HCA Houston West, specializes in advanced breast imaging allowing for an enhanced patient experience, increased image specificity, and a reduction in unnecessary recalls.
- Breast Screening
- Diagnostic 3-D Mammography
- Computer-Aided Detection
- Breast Ultrasound
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy
- Bone Density Scanning
Cardiac imaging services are provide by our imaging center, The Heart Hospital, and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center.
For cardiovascular imaging, we provide:
- Cardiac angiography
- Cardiac catheterization bays
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac recovery bays
- Electrophysiology lab
- Diagnostic procedure rooms
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
Coronary CT angiogram (CTA)
Coronary CT angiograms are among the latest in cardiac imaging technology. Our 64-channel, multi-slice CT scanning equipment provides high-speed imaging and high-resolution quality of precise data in a matter of seconds.
Our liver, stomach and urinary tract imaging services include:
- Biliary interventions
- Dialysis and access interventions
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography (ERCP) – therapeutic and diagnostic
- Genitourinary interventions
- Liver biopsy
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- Upper and lower endoscopy – gastroscopy, colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy
Our imaging locations
Sugar Land Diagnostic Center specializes in diagnostic testing that allows patients to have diagnostic imaging and lab/EKG procedures in a comfortable environment. A key element of convenience is the ability to have lab and imaging procedures within the same facility. Designated exclusively for outpatient procedures, the state-of-the-art provides the same level of care received in a hospital setting without any of the delays associated with an inpatient facility.
The Sugar Land Diagnostic Center is located in the Sugar Land Medical Center building and on the same campus as the Sugar Land Cancer Center. All facilities offer convenient and free parking.
Sugar Land Diagnostic Center
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m