Whether diagnostic, non-surgical or surgical in nature, HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake provides a full spectrum of treatments for neurological disorders including neurology, neurosurgery and stroke care.
We are designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV-GL and are a Level II trauma capable facility for brain injury. Our team consists of neurologists, neurosurgeons, critical care intensivists, nurse practitioners and rehabilitation therapists in Houston. With the addition of an endovascular neurosurgeon to our team, we are able to deliver innovative, minimally-invasive brain, back and spine care.
- Back pain – can be caused by a range of conditions, including arthritis, stenosis, scoliosis, herniated discs or compression fractures.
- Brain and spinal tumors – Types of brain and spinal tumors we treat include pituitary or metastatic tumors, acoustic neuromas, colloid cysts and other conditions.
- Brain aneurysms – are weakened or bulging vessels in the brain.
- Stroke – occurs when a blood vessel is blocked or is bleeding and interrupts the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the brain. We treat both ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes.
A neurologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. HCA Houston Clear Lake is a Level II trauma capable facility for brain injury. Doctors may refer patients to a neurologist for many reasons, including:
- Brain tumors
- Headaches and migraines
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Head trauma
You can schedule an appointment online or call us at (888) 842-3627.
HCA Houston Clear Lake offers a pediatric neuroscience program which provides comprehensive care for illnesses, conditions, and disorders of the nervous system affecting children. From diagnosis through surgery and recovery, we offer expertise in evaluating and treating neuromuscular diseases or conditions including:
- Febrile seizures
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle weakness
- Head injury
- Arachnoid cysts
- Malformations of the spinal cord
As medicine continues to advance in the neurosurgery field, the trends have been toward minimally invasive technologies. Some forms of brain surgeries can now be done through smaller, less-invasive openings. This potentially means tiny incisions, less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery.
Keeping up with neurosurgery advancements is just one of the reasons we are one of the best neurosurgery hospitals in the Houston area. Some of the neurosurgery procedures available at our hospital include:
- Tumor removal
- Pain management, including nerve blocks and epidural injections
- Ventriculo-atrial and peritoneal shunts
- Herniated disc removal, allograft and plating
- Median, ulnar and lateral femoral cutaneous nerve decompressions
Endovascular neurosurgery is a type of minimally-invasive brain surgery and may be utilized in place of more invasive procedures, which would require opening the skull or spinal column.
With the aid of radiology imaging, small catheters are thread through an artery in the groin to blood vessels in the brain. Once in place, medications or mechanical devices can be utilized from inside the blood vessel. Endovascular neurosurgery may be used for:
- Stroke intervention
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Carotid artery stenting
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Intracranial stenosis
Following neurosurgery and neuro-interventional procedures, patients begin the recovery process in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) under the supervision of a critical care intensivist who manages pre-existing conditions and postoperative developments. Our goal is to coordinate comprehensive care until you return home, which is why recovery and rehabilitation may include: