Comprehensive neurological care
Neurosciences encompass conditions of the brain, back, and spine. Whether diagnostic, non-surgical, or surgical in nature, HCA Houston Healthcare West provides a full spectrum of neuroscience services including neurology, stroke care, and 24/7 neurosurgery coverage.
The board-certified neurologists at HCA Houston Westr specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. Our comprehensive approach not only includes the best doctors and surgeons, but also a dedicated stroke coordinator and nurse navigator.
Your doctor may refer you to a neurologist for a multitude of reasons, including:
- Neurological trauma or acute injury
- Tumors or infections of the nervous system
- Peripheral or neuromuscular disease
- Severe headaches
- Chronic pain that requires long-term management
- Muscle weakness
- Problems with movement including clumsiness, tremor, rigidity, unintentional movements or difficulty walking
- Seizures of an unidentified cause
- Sleep problems
Exceptional stroke care
When minutes count, the stroke center at HCA Houston West offers the treatment, care, and technology needed to avoid potential damage such as long-term disability or even death.
HCA Houston West has met specific scientific guidelines as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission, featuring a comprehensive system for rapid diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients admitted to the emergency department.
HCA Houston West has also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement and the Gold Plus Honor Role Elite Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment and success in ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Medical advances in the field of neurosurgery have resulted in less-invasive and micro-neurosurgery technologies. Patients are in exceptional hands at HCA Houston West, where we perform a full spectrum of back, spine and brain-related procedures:
- Aneurysms clippings
- Ateriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Tumor removal
- Deformity corrections
- Ventriculoatrial and peritoneal shunts
- Cyst or abscess aspirations
- Hematoma evacuation
- Spine surgery and procedures
- Lumbar procedures, including spinal fusion, spacers and plating
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Herniated disc material removal (discectomy), allograft and plating
- Median, ulnar and lateral femoral cutaneous nerve decompressions
- Pain management, including nerve blocks and epidural injections
Neurological care at HCA Houston Healthcare
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons often treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord, including stroke.Learn about Neurological care