At HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe, medical occupational therapy (OT) helps adults and children who need specialized assistance in achieving functional independence.
Occupational therapists in Conroe, Texas
Our licensed occupational therapists and pediatric occupational therapists in Conroe, Texas—just north of Houston—use exercise, cognitive training and activities of daily living training to treat patients affected by injuries or illnesses.
For more information about our occupational therapy program, please call (936) 539-1111.
Our occupational therapy clinic in Conroe helps patients maximize and improve personal function, strength and endurance. Our program includes:
- Evaluation and treatment of deficits in strength, endurance and range of motion
- Treatment of traumatic or repetitive injuries of the hand/upper extremities
- Evaluations and treatment of patients with neurological disorders
- Pediatric occupational therapy program
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe’s comprehensive rehabilitation center also offers physical therapy and speech therapy for patients requiring additional types of therapies.
Occupational therapy services
Our occupational therapists provide a wide range of treatments and services for:
- Stroke recovery
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) recovery
- Scar management
- Edema control
- Custom splinting, both static and dynamic
- Strength and dexterity training to upper extremities
- Pediatric motor skills for developmental delays
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral nerve injuries to upper extremities
- Crush injuries/fractures to upper extremities
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Self-care and home-management training
- Functional-capacity evaluation (return-to-work assessment)
Hand occupational therapy
Our certified hand therapists in Conroe, Texas provide care for a variety of conditions, including: