HCA Houston Healthcare West provides patients with innovative, patient-centered orthopedic care. The West Houston hospital offers comprehensive surgical and non-surgical care for a variety of conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system.
Our team of orthopedic surgeons, physician assistants, physical therapists, case managers and orthopedic nurses all work together to choose the course of action that will yield the best functional outcomes. All of our surgeons are trained on the latest and least invasive surgical approaches to orthopedic care. They have expertise in all areas of orthopedics, including foot and ankle injuries, hand and upper extremities, sports injuries for adolescents and adults, orthopedic trauma, spine surgery and joint replacement of shoulder, knee and hip.
We also have one of the few surgeons in the country who is dual-fellowship trained in spine surgery and musculoskeletal oncology. His specialized and unique training allows us to treat some of the most complex and challenging spinal disorders, as well as adult and pediatric bone and soft tissue tumors.
Our facility is easily accessible for all patients and includes a state-of-the-art radiology suite where X-rays can be taken of all body parts, ten patient rooms that include large patient beds, a dedicated casting room and a spacious waiting room with refreshments.
West Houston orthopedic services
Instead of making the stressful commute to the Texas Medical Center, our West Houston patients have access to a team of subspecialized physicians who serve their community and are capable of taking care of all orthopedic injuries. We provide the full continuum of care from imaging services and orthopedic surgery to sports performance training and physical therapy.
- Joint care: The orthopedists at HCA Houston West are committed to getting you back to the things you enjoy doing. We treat a broad range of orthopedic and joint conditions, including arthritis, fractures, orthopedic trauma, carpal tunnel syndrome and joint replacement.
- Spine care: Our spine care specialists offer minimally invasive surgeries using the latest technology. Some of the spine disorders and conditions we treat are degenerative disc disease, cauda equina syndrome, spinal stenosis, herniated discs, spine fractures, scoliosis and sciatica.
- Orthopedic oncology: Our orthopedic oncologist provides comprehensive evaluations and state-of-the-art treatment for pediatric and adult patients with musculoskeletal tumors. We can provide care to people suffering from chondrosarcoma, chordoma, Ewing's sarcoma, metastatic cancer of the spine or extremity, osteosarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma and spinal tumors.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation: Our team of physical and occupational therapists are here to help you recover and get back on your feet through a range of motion exercises, strengthening techniques and patient education. Our therapists will work with your physician to create a treatment plan that is based on your unique needs.
- Orthopedic surgery: If surgery is necessary, we use the most advanced surgical techniques and state-of-the-art technology and equipment that provides us with clearer pictures to better diagnose injuries or issues. Our operating room is equipped with a 3D surgical imaging system that can be used to assess orthopedic trauma and spinal injuries. We also have a mini C-arm fluoroscopy that allows us to dynamically visualize parts of the body and determine acute injury. Use of the mini C-arm results in significantly lower radiation exposure for patients than a traditional X-ray.
At HCA Houston West, we offer the following surgical procedures:
- General orthopedic surgery
- Complex joint and limb reconstruction
- Complex spinal reconstruction surgery
- Computer-assisted navigation surgery
- General orthopedic surgery
- Hip and knee arthroplasty
- Limb salvage surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Radical resection for soft tissue sarcoma
- Revision spinal surgery
- Spinal fusion surgery
Some conditions can be treated non-surgically with medication, injections or physical therapy and rehabilitation. We offer ultrasound-guided injections that help our physicians correctly place the needle, ensuring that the medication is injected exactly where it will be most effective.
If you are seeking orthopedic care that is close to home, we invite you to make an appointment for an evaluation with one of our orthopedic surgeons.
Orthopedic care at HCA Houston Healthcare
Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.Learn about Orthopedic care