HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is committed to the rehabilitation of orthopedic and sports injuries for athletes and non-athletes of all ages and skill level, including professional and recreational players. Whether recovering from surgery, trauma or an overuse injury, we're here to help get you back in the game safely and efficiently.
Our sports medicine and rehabilitation services are provided at Texas Sports Medicine Center, which is conveniently located on the HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball campus. As the first hospital-based sports medicine program in the greater Houston area, our program was established in 1983 as an outpatient facility in direct response to the need for specialized treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries in our community. We are proud to continue to set the standard of care for those in Tomball and beyond.
Our sports medicine team includes board-certified and fellowship-trained physical therapists, athletic trainers and other sports-related specialists who work together to provide comprehensive care.
Tomball sports medicine and rehabilitation services
At Texas Sports Medicine Center, we specialize in treating a wide range of orthopedic and sports-related injuries. Additionally, our rehabilitative services are able to help other types of injuries and post-disease disability, including work-related injuries, neurological conditions such as post-stroke recovery and pelvic floor therapy for incontinence and pain.
- Aquatic therapy: We use water to expand physical therapy possibilities for patients with weight-bearing or mobility restrictions.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Includes rehabilitative and therapeutic techniques to strengthen your pelvic floor as well as improve posture and joint alignment problems related to incontinence, pelvic floor dysfunction (weakness) and pelvic pain.
- Physical therapy: Our program is based on accelerated rehabilitation.
Our patients also have access to leading evaluation and training equipment, as well as specialty programs designed to enhance athletic skills and performance.
- ACL injury prevention: We help athletes avoid non-contact ACL injuries and improve sports performance.
- Athletic training: We partner with professional sports teams, recreational leagues and local schools to provide support with sports health and safety. This includes event medical coverage, injury triage and post-discharge rehabilitation.
- ImPACT sports concussion management: A comprehensive and medically anchored model for concussion management based on currently accepted international guidelines and practices.
- Performance training and camps: Our programs provide athletes with effective ways to improve muscular imbalances, reduce overuse injuries, develop maximum power and speed and enhance performance. Seasonal camps are offered at the facility.
- Return-to-sport: We help athletes stay active between being discharged from physical therapy and returning to sport.
- Indoor baseball biomechanics lab: Using leading technology, we help athletes assess their pitching motion.
In addition to patient-oriented services, the Texas Sports Medicine Center also offer fitness and recreation memberships to the community. This includes access to a fully equipped gym, personal training, group fitness classes and an aquatic center offering swim instruction and aquatic programs for swimmers of all ages.
Physician referral is required for sports medicine and rehabilitation services. Our therapists work closely with your referring physician to coordinate your care. We invite you to learn more about our sports medicine services by calling (281) 351-6300.
Sports medicine at HCA Houston Healthcare
Physicians specializing in sports medicine help with injuries related to sports, fitness and exercise. They can diagnose and treat injuries to the muscle, ligament, bone and tendon. Common reasons to see them include concussion, ACL tears, shin splints and muscles strains, among others.Learn about Sports medicine