Sports medicine center in Tomball, Texas
Our sports medicine program was established in 1983 as an outpatient facility in direct response to the need for specialized treatment and rehabilitation of orthopedic injuries in our area. The program was the first hospital-based sports medicine program in the greater Houston area, and it continues to set the standard for care.
We offer a wide range of athletic and rehabilitation programs at the Texas Sports Medicine Center, including:
- Physical Therapy: A therapy program based on accelerated rehabilitation.
- Aquatic Therapy: A physical therapy program that uses water to expand the possibilities for patients who may have weight-bearing or mobility restrictions.
- Occupational and Hand Therapy: Uses rehabilitative and therapeutic techniques as well as functional tasks to help patients achieve their maximum function following injury or surgery.
- ACL Injury Prevention: A system used to help young athletes avoid non-contact ACL injuries and improve sports performance.
- ImPACT Sports Concussion Management: A comprehensive and medically-anchored model for concussion management based on currently accepted international guidelines and practices.
- Athletic Training: Event medicine and post-discharge rehabilitation.
- Sports Advantage: A program that provides athletes with effective ways to improve muscular imbalances, reduce overuse injuries, develop maximum power and speed, and enhance performance.
- Fitness and Recreation: Custom exercise programs tailored to your level of fitness.
In addition to our patient-oriented services, we also offer the following services to our members:
- Personal Training
- Swim instruction and aquatic programs for swimmers of all ages
- Classes – everything from cardio to Yoga
For more information about our sports medicine program, please call (281) 351-6300
Our sports medicine facility in Tomball
Located at 28120 Tomball Parkway, the Texas Sports Medicine Center at HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is one of the premier outpatient sports medicine programs in Texas. Our facility offers athletic training, event medicine, post-discharge rehabilitation, fitness and recreation memberships, concussion management and physical therapy.
The 45,000 square foot facility includes:
- Indoor walking track
- Group aerobics and indoor cycling studios
- Exercise equipment, including a wide selection of free weights; selectorized, cable pulling and plate loaded strengthening equipment; and cardiovascular equipment
- Aquatic center
- Rehabilitation/physical therapy area
- Strength and conditioning, including professional grade turf athletic field and indoor pitching mounds
The large outdoor area includes tennis courts, a half-mile track, hill for incline workouts and a multipurpose grass field.
Sports medicine at HCA Houston Healthcare
Physicians specializing in sports medicine help with injuries related to sports, fitness and exercise. They can diagnose and treat injuries to the muscle, ligament, bone and tendon. Common reasons to see them include concussion, ACL tears, shin splints and muscles strains, among others.Learn about Sports medicine