HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood has provided cost-efficient, high-quality healthcare to the community for over 25 years. However, caring for our patients goes beyond providing compassionate medical care. We strive to make your experience at our hospital in Kingwood, Texas as comfortable as possible—whether you are a patient or a visitor.
For more information about HCA Houston Kingwood, please call (281) 348-8000.
Visiting hours and guidelines
At HCA Houston Kingwood, we believe emotional support is essential in helping a patient heal and recover. All visitors are required to register at the North or South entrances. A visitor’s badge will be issued and should be worn at all times while in the hospital.
Our general hospital visitation hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Some units have varying visitation hours and policies for the well-being of our patients.
- Maternity: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- One visitor may stay past 9:00 p.m.
- All children must be supervised and should not visit if they are sick
- Children are not allowed to spend the night in the mother’s room
- Cardiovascular/Neuro ICU: 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. / 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. / 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. / 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. / 1:00 to 2:00 a.m. / 5:00 to 6:00 a.m.
- Intensive care unit (2nd Floor): 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. / 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Note: No children under age 12 permitted
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): Open 24 hours except 6:45 to 7:15 a.m. and 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
To provide a restful and safe environment, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines:
- Practice appropriate hand-hygiene before and after contact with patients and/or surfaces in the patient’s room
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum
- Refrain from visiting if you have a cold, sore throat or any contagious disease
- Observe visiting and precaution signs before entering the room
- Smoking is not allowed on our smoke-free campus
- Leave the room during tests or treatments if asked
- Check with the nurse before bringing gifts, food or drinks to patients. In the Intensive Care units, please check with the charge nurse regarding any gifts for patients
We offer free valet parking and shuttle services Monday through Friday at the hospital’s South entrance. Free parking for patients and visitors is also available. If you need an escort to your car or assistance with minor vehicle problems, dial 00 for the operator and ask for Security.
Security officers patrol the hospital campus 24 hours a day. Upon request, the officers will escort you to your vehicle, assist with minor vehicle problems and provide information and directions. For assistance, call the operator at 00 and ask for Security.
Hospital amenities at Kingwood
We strive to make the experience of both patients and visitors of HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We are proud to offer the following amenities on our campus:
Hospital dining options
Our café and vending machines are located near the West entrance. Visitors are welcome to dine at the tables in the cafeteria.
Monday – Friday
- Breakfast: 7:00 to 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Weekends and holidays
- Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Food and Nutrition Department will deliver patient meals during their stay. Breakfast is served between 6:30 and 8:30 a.m., lunch between 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., and dinner between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. If your diet allows, we offer snack options between meals; please talk to your nurse. If you are in contact isolation, please call ext. *82879 or *88780 to place your meal selection.
Our gift shop is located in the main corridor between the North and South Towers and offers reading material, snacks, jewelry, greeting cards, toiletries, flowers, gift-basket arrangements and balloons.
You can place gift-shop orders online for free same-day delivery directly to patients in the hospital.
- Phone orders are welcome and available during gift shop operating hours
- No additional charge or no minimum purchase required for hospital deliveries
- For your convenience, we accept cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Free Wi-Fi – available throughout the hospital and Medical Office Building
- Clergy – patients can request clergy visits from nursing unit. A chapel is located on the first floor near the North Entrance.
- Courtesy phones – throughout hospital and Medical Office Building for patients and visitors
- Flowers – may be delivered to patient rooms upon arrival
- Mail – delivered to patient rooms Monday-Friday
- ATM – located across from the cafeteria near the West Entrance in our Medical Office Building
- Notary – please contact your nurse if you need notary services in relation to medical matters