A woman’s health serves as the bedrock for the entire family. Whether a woman is pregnant, trying to get pregnant, needs gynecological surgery or an annual mammogram, HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood offers a wide range of expert, compassionate healthcare for women of all ages.
Our women’s services include:
- Maternity and newborn care. Maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide specialty services including:
- High-risk pregnancy (Antepartum)
- Lactation Support Services
- Newborn Nursery
- The Obstetrical Emergency Department
- Postpartum Care
- Neonatal intensive care (NICU)
- Breast care, including breast cancer screening through mammography, breast ultrasound or breast MRI.
- Imaging, including bone-density tests
Women & Children’s Center
Our Women & Children Center provides one seamless point of access to advanced healthcare for families in the Northeast Houston area. This $80 million investment in our community offers maternity and newborn care as well as a dedicated pediatric unit.
Request a guided tour of our labor and delivery unit, our nurseries and our postpartum units by calling (800) 258-5064.
Most babies are born healthy. But, when problems arise, the expert neonatologists and specially trained nurses in our NICU provide comprehensive, around-the-clock care to newborns who need extra support and attention.
The Obstetrical Emergency Department
The OBED is located at the Women & Children's Center at Kingwood in the South Tower (South East), and houses an in-hospital OB/GYN 24/7 (or OB Hospitalist). This physician evaluates women with obstetric issues, consults with the patient's primary physician or OB/GYN, and is ready for any obstetric emergency that might arise.