December 08, 2022
Conroe, TX – HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe announced it had been named among the Top 10% of hospitals in the nation for surgical care and a surgical excellence award winner by Healthgrades. The hospital also received five-star ratings for several procedures and conditions.
The hospital received the following from Healthgrades, the leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients.
- Healthgrades Specialty Excellence Award
- Surgical Care
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Surgical Care Excellence Award™
- Surgical Care
- Healthgrades five-star ratings
- Five–Star Recipient for Appendectomy in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 3 Years in a Row (2021-2023)
- Critical Care
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery in 2023
- Five–Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 2 Years in a Row (2022–2023)
- Five–Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures for 2 Years in a Row (2022–2023)
These ratings reflect HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe’s dedication to delivering exceptional clinical outcomes for our patients and distinguish HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe as one of the nation’s leading hospitals for specialty and surgical care.
“HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is honored to be recognized by Healthgrades as a five-star recipient for appendectomy, gastrointestinal, surgical, cardiac, orthopedic, vascular, and critical care areas of our hospital for 2023,” said Matt Davis, chief executive officer at HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe. “Even more impressive is being named among the Top 10% of hospitals in the nation for surgical care. This recognition confirms our commitment to bringing world-class healthcare to the communities we serve. These accomplishments could not happen without the dedicated staff and doctors working tirelessly every day to assure our patients are the #1 priority.”
Healthgrades evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care. This year’s analysis revealed significant variation in patient outcomes between hospitals with a 2023 Healthgrades Specialty Excellence Award and hospitals that did not receive the award. This year’s analysis also revealed significant variation in patient outcomes between five-star hospitals and one-star hospitals. From 2019 through 2021, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to five–star hospitals, on average, 201,586 lives could potentially have been saved, and 160,498 patients could have avoided potential complications.