HCA Houston Healthcare Launches New Identity.
Houston’s largest healthcare system creates a unified look for its family of 15 area hospitals.
Who is She? The Woman’s Hospital of Texas Refreshes Its Look.
Delivering the most number of babies annually in the state of Texas, The Woman’s Hospital also cares for women, no matter what stage of life.
Sepsis.HCA Houston Healthcare is predicting sepsis earlier and saving lives.
Sepsis and septic shock can result from an infection anywhere in the body, such as pneumonia, influenza, or strep throat. Detecting sepsis earlier helps patients avoid complications and saves lives.
Flu Vaccine.HCA Houston Healthcare recommends the flu vaccine for everyone, especially pregnant women.
The flu is more likely to cause severe illness in pregnant women because of changes to their immune system, heart, and lungs during pregnancy. The flu can also be harmful to a developing baby, as fevers are associated with neural tube defects and other injuries.
January is National Weight Loss Awareness Month.
Weight loss is hot topic throughout the year, but especially after the New Year starts. HCA Houston Healthcare can connect you with experts that can discuss how weight loss can improve both health and lifestyle.
Quick facts about HCA Houston Healthcare
Points of Care
- 1 Million Annual Patients
- 15 Hospitals
- 4,231 Licensed Beds
- 9 Surgery Centers
- 8 Freestanding Emergency Centers
Employees and caregivers
- 17,000 Houston-Area Employees
- 7,600 Nurses
- More than $1 Billion Salaries & Benefits
In the community
- More than $30 Million Local Property Taxes Paid
- Our employees perform more than 280,000 hours of volunteer service every year
- March of Dimes - We are a major supporter of March of Dimes initiatives throughout the year, including the annual March for Babies. Last year, we contributed or raised more than $333,000 to this worthy organization.
- University of Houston - Last year we announced our intent to partner with the University’s new College of Medicine by hosting its residents at several of our facilities. We also collaborate with the University of Houston School of Nursing Program.
We provide logos and facility images for media use.
Stay Connected with HCA Houston Healthcare
AVP of Communications, Community Engagement and Public Relations
Media Visitation Guidelines
HCA Houston Healthcare hospitals are staffed with professionals dedicated to working with journalists to ensure news is reported in an accurate and timely manner.