HCA Houston Healthcare provides specialized care for injuries and conditions affecting players of all ages and skill levels, including professional, recreational and weekend athletes. We also care for those injured on the job and are dedicated to helping senior adults maintain an active lifestyle.
Across our family of hospitals, we’ve helped thousands of patients recover from musculoskeletal injuries related to sports, trauma or overuse injuries. From concussion care to return-to-sport rehabilitation and minimally invasive surgery, we provide access to the most advanced sports medicine services and programs to keep the communities we serve active and healthy.
Our sports medicine teams include board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers and other sports-related medical professionals.
HCA Houston sports medicine
We provide sports medicine services at five hospital and outpatient locations across the greater Houston area.
Our network includes Texas Orthopedic Hospital, one of the only specialty hospitals in Houston and in the nation dedicated to health of bones and joints. Located on the campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, our Texas Sports Medicine Center was the first hospital-based sports medicine program in the greater Houston area and continues to set the standard of care as a world-class athletic training destination for some of the biggest names in professional and collegiate baseball. We also provide comprehensive sports medicine at two North Cypress area locations.
At HCA Houston Healthcare, our sports medicine facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art imaging technology and training equipment. Many of our locations feature hydrotherapy pools, full gyms and professional grade athletic fields.
Our sports medicine services
Sports medicine can help with a wide range of conditions, including sprains and strains, fractures and trauma, tendonitis and concussions.
Many conditions can be treated without surgery, but when needed, our orthopedic surgeons are highly skilled in minimally invasive techniques and procedures. This includes robotic-assisted surgery whenever possible, which offers the potential for less scarring and a faster recovery. Some of our specialty surgical areas include:
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder, hip and knee
- Total hip, knee and shoulder replacement
In addition to our surgical treatment options, we also provide access to a variety of other sports medicine services and programs, including:
- Athletic training: We partner with professional sports teams, recreational leagues and local schools to provide support with sports health and safety. This includes event medical coverage, injury triage and post-discharge rehabilitation.
- Aquatic therapy: For those with weight or mobility constraints, many of our locations offer aquatic therapy, which helps patients improve function with the help of a therapeutic pool.
- Concussion management: We use advanced technology and assessment tools to aid in concussion prevention, track recovery and ensure a safe return-to-play. This includes concussion baseline testing, which is performed before an injury occurs.
- Occupational therapy: Through rehabilitative and therapeutic techniques as well as functional tasks, we help patients restore maximum function following injury or surgery.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation: We create customized treatment and recovery plans tailored towards you, your sport and the position you play.
- Sports physicals: Our sports physicals include a physical exam and assessment of your medical history to determine if it is safe to partake in particular activities.
- Sports injury prevention and education: We provide athletes with effective ways to prevent injuries and enhance performance through key conditioning and endurance training techniques and exercises, including strength building, stretching and speed agility.
- Return-to-play-programs: Our programs help athletes stay active between being discharged from physical therapy and starting back in the game.
Sports medicine locations
Retrieving location data...